Eruv - Mount Sinai Jewish Center
Parameters of the eruv:
Map - Printable (last updated 1/2016)
Map - Google version (interactive)
Weekly sponsorships are available for $100: Sponsor The Eruv
Funding is also provided by Fort Tryon Jewish Center as part of its ongoing support for the community eruv.
Eruv Border Notes
**If the entrance to a building is in the eruv, then the building is in the eruv.**
The Mount Sinai - Heights Eruv is noted in Purple (left) in the map.
YOU MAY CARRY BETWEEN the two eruvin.
Please visit www.yueruv.org for the details of the YU eruv.
Areas to be careful in the Mount Sinai Eruv:
- Along Broadway, above 187th Street the eruv extends ONLY on the WEST side of the street.
- On Fort Washington north of 730 Ft Wash (the last bldg) you may walk ONLY on the WEST side of the street.
- On Wadsworth, below 182nd Street, the eruv extends ONLY on the WEST side of the street.
- You can cross Broadway on both sides of any street between 180th and 187th, inclusive, and ONLY on the NORTH SIDE of 179th
- The Ft. Tryon Gardens buildings on Bennett north of 192nd street may be accessed only from the entrances on 192nd or Bennett. DO NOT enter or exit those buildings from Broadway.
- On 181st Street, the eruv ends at the entrance to 867 W 181st St (between Cabrini and Haven). The rest of the street (going west), is outside the eruv.
NOT IN THE ERUV
- Fort Tryon Park, Gorman Park and Margaret Corbin CircleARE NOT IN the eruv.
- The stairs on Fort Washington that go down to the A train near the entrance to Fort Tryon Park ARE NOT IN the eruv. The park that they lead to is also not in the eruv.
Going to/from the YU Eruv
For simplicity cross over between 183rd and 187th streets
Parks/Playgrounds in the eruv
- Bennett Park, on Fort Washington between 183rd and 185th, is in the eruv
- Javits Park, on the North-West corner of 193rd and Fort Washington, is in the eruv. North of 192nd, you should not walk on the east side of Fort Washington).
- Dolphin Park, on Cabrini between 180th and 181st, is in the eruv.
For Eruv Status:
Call (646) 450-ERUV